Welcome to Georgetown South Carolina
Georgetown is a truly a remarkable small historic waterfront community. We have a vibrant downtown area filled with restaurants and shops that runs along the Harborwalk. We also have all the conveniences of a larger city just outside the historic district.
Visit Georgetown and enjoy all that it has to offer... unique stores and boutiques, wonderful restaurants, historic tours and museums. For transient boaters you will find all the amenities you need within walking distance.
Why is this such a wonderful place to visit, to live and/or to start a business?
1. Waterfront: Georgetown is one of a very few communities where the downtown is truly on the water with an attractive, easily navigable and handicapped-accessible Harborwalk and diverse opportunities for expanded outdoor activities (fishing, kayaks, sailing, paddle boards, etc.) as well as an array of excellent river cruises/tours leaving from the Harborwalk.
2. Historic: Georgetown has four high quality museums in a four-block area (Rice, Maritime, Historic, and Kaminski House Museums), architecturally and historically significant buildings on Front, Prince, Highmarket, Duke and Church Streets and homes throughout the Historic District, and an interesting and diverse number of walking and riding tours in the Historic District.
3. Artistic: Georgetown has Art Galleries downtown, but more important, several outstanding artists live or work or exhibit their work downtown and several more outstanding artists live or work or exhibit their work between McClellanville and Murrells Inlet.
4. Small Town: Downtown Georgetown is a friendly and compact place with a “small town feel.” Residents and visitors feel they are in a small and intimate setting, where they can walk throughout the historic and retail districts and along the waterfront in a very manageable and pleasant way.
5. And More: • Excellent and diverse Restaurants Unique • Independently owned shops and antiques stores • Distinct and attractive old style theatre in the Strand • Attractive parks, rest areas, fountains, and public restrooms • Free and convenient parking • Attractive and helpful way-finding signage